Monday, January 10, 2011

Initial Thoughts and 1 Cor 1:10-17

So here is my idea as I'm embarked on this new year, the overarching idea of what I want to be studying in the Bible and in other resources: What is being a woman supposed to look like? And, okay, not just generally, but for me specifically, and for me specifically now. How do I glorify God in being a woman?

I'm reading through 1 Corinthians, not so much because it's related (though it may be) as because I realized that I haven't read through those books in a while and there is a lot in them.

Yeah. Right now it's all rather disconnected, but that's the general plan -- along, hopefully, with continued intentional familiarization -- okay, memory -- of Hebrews. And maybe some other resources that I find. In the words of Buddy, "I've got some ideas."

I'm such an honors-student-type-A person, looking at this and thinking, Man, that just doesn't seem intense enough.

Might be that I'd actually learn in my Daniel class... and my Evangelism class...

I'm excited to see where this goes.

Here were the verses I really liked today in 1 Cor:

I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. (1:10)

Can't you just see everyone glaring at "Chloe's people"? Thanks a lot for telling Paul that we were quarreling!

For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. (1:17)

I get hung up on liking eloquent wisdom.

But I want Christ's cross to be powerful more than I want to sound smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment