Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lately

I've been working the opening shift at Panera most weekdays.  It's a great shift... except it starts so early!  This week was much less hectic than the one before, and I am thankful.

I've been listening to Jon Foreman's Limbs and Branches (throwback to a year ago), Vienna Teng's new album Aims (which you can listen to by following this link), and various other random stuff.  As always.

I've been reading: a lot.  Here are various things I'd recommend... the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson in the fantasy category (although I was kind of disappointed by the ending), Tuf Voyaging by George R. R. Martin in the sci-fi category, David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell in the thinking about life category, and 24/6 by Matthew Sleeth in the you-should-definitely-read-this category.

Actually yes... you should read 24/6.

The end.

(Of this post, anyway.)

2 comments:

  1. nice! I'm liking the Teng music but I gotta say I am confused. I have long thought you are in favor of reading 24/7?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *facepalm*

      I mean, I do like sleeping too... ;)

      Delete