Monday, November 29, 2010

Adventures of Late

Yesterday was the first day of Advent. I love Advent, maybe more than I love Christmas. I love looking forward to Him. I love the double-edged nature of Advent now, looking back to when He came, looking forward to His coming again.

Tonight I turned on the Music of Silence and now I'm basking in it, the glory of voices echoing out solemn and beautiful.

There's still a lot to be done before the end of the semester. But some of that is laughing and sharing memories and drinking in the beautiful and my heart crying out, Come quickly...

But of the Son he says,

“Your throne, O God, is forever and ever,
the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
therefore God, your God, has anointed you
with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.”

(Hebrews 1:8-9 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment